Monday 7 February 2011

New beginnings

It's been awhile since I put anything on here! After reading my niece emmas blog I was inspired to try again.
Well, much has happen since the last posting it's hard to know where to start.
My wonderful son Matthew got married in April to Karen. They married at a castle and it was a wonderful day.
Then in July I took a leap of faith and went in to have a gastric band fitted.
I have struggled all my life with my weight. Now in later life I find I have a very bad back, and being heavy does not help.
I will not bore you with the details now but I'll go into more later.
It's not been an easy ride but at present I've lost 28 pounds so yay me.
Then we had more news and my daughter got engaged and is marrying on 17th sep this year.
It's times like this when I miss my dear mum. She was a tough lady but I totally adored her. She's been gone 20 years this year, I still miss her.
We all moan to or about our parents but please enjoy them. Say those nice things you always mean to! One day they will be gone and it will be too late.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much