Thursday 21 April 2011

Mrs Listers Q & A

Thanks to the super nice Emvi I am taking part in my first tag. So fingers crossed I do it right lol
This is great idea a meme from the Guardian orginally. So here goes!

Which living person do you most admire, and why?


I have to say it was my mum. She was one tough cookie and had some amazing adventures. I am not were near as strong as she was but then again I dont have her temper lol.



When were you happiest?

Not sure proberly when I found out I was expecting my son Matthew. We had tried for 2yrs for a baby with no luck. I thought I would never have children so to find out I had a baby on the way was a dream come true. My children are the light of my life. I did not wait so long for Natalie but she was just as welcome .



What was your most embarrassing moment?

Well like many people i think there could be a few. One that come to mind is me and hubbie went to the movies during the day. It was a cold sunny day and he had on a dark overcoat. When we got in the movie had started and coming from sun you could hardly see a thing. He found an empty row of seats but went on down toward the middle. I followed found him, sat down and ran my hand up and down his leg !!!
The next thing was a deep voice (not my hubbie) said " sorry love he's gone down there" I nearly died.
I had touched a totally strange man! My husband thought it was soooooo funny!






Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?

I have never really had money to buy very expensive items but I guess my cricut machine for my craft which was £500



What is your most treasured possession?

Family photo's both my parents are dead so I have most of the photo's they left behind. I love history so they are very special. I also have my mothers headscarf which she wore all the time.



Where would you like to live?

I always wanted to live in the countryside which I now do but I would like to live even more rural away from noise and cars. Or by the seaside so you could hear the waves crashing and see the seasons change



What’s your favourite smell?

I dont really have a sense of smell but I used to love flowers and fresh baked bread.





Who would play you in the film of your life

Now thats hard as Im so beautiful and slim and young !!!!!!!!! Not sure maybe Sandra Bullock



What is your favourite book?

Anything ghost related Im there! Loved Stephan King the Shining



What is your most unappealing habit?

Guess  I am a moaner abit ??



What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?

If I were nice and slim and maybe 20 yrs younger it would be Cinderella.





What is your earliest memory?

Sitting in a cot looking through asking for my mum. We were at a holiday camp and in those days children couldnt eat with the parents. I think i must have been around 2





What is your guiltiest pleasure?

I have a terrible sweet tooth and would eat cake till it comes out of my ears. I do love peanut butter eaten out of the jar with a spoon yum




What do you owe your parents?


My parents were kind and hard working. They raised me to treat people with respect and to be caring. I dont have my mums temper but I do have her little odd ways about food





To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?


To my dad who I found hard to be with after mum died. I was so close to my mum it was hard to get to know him more once she was gone. I wish i had made for effort and i really feel guilty about that




What or who is the greatest love of your life?


I would have to say my husband kevin and also my children matthew and natalie



What does love feel like?


To feel cared for and safe no matter what you do



What was the best kiss of your life?


only been kissed by my husband so guess i better say him lol



Which words or phrases do you most overuse?


Drives me insane and "Hello can anyone hear me".





What is the worst job you’ve done?


Traffic warden !!!!!




If you could edit your past, what would you change?

When i lost lots of weight make sure i never put it all back on.



What is the closest you’ve come to death?


When matthew was about 2 we were driving back home on the motorway. I was sitting behind my hubbie with matthew on my lap asleep with his coat over him. A lorry in front of us went over a large object and threw it up in the air . It came through the window, through the car and out the back. I had a couple of cuts but no major problems. If i had been sitting on the other side or in the front i would have died for sure.


What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Getting my degree at 40 and my children.





When did you last cry, and why?


Earlier today didnt feel well with a long term illness that no one seems to know how to cure. The sense of sadness
can be overwhelming at times





How do you relax?


I do patchwork and my new hobby writing my blog




What single thing would improve the quality of your life?


losing weight



What is the most important lesson life has taught you?


enjoy people and say eveything you mean before its too late

pass this over to

The syders
missielizzie

Whitelily green

3 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by to see me! I really enjoyed popping over and reading your blog post. It was a great way to get to know you a little better. You have a very lovely blog and I'm going to be following along with you on your journey. Have a wonderful weekend, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi candace how nice to meet you. I plan on talking more about life in rural uk which may interest you in the future x

    ReplyDelete
  3. some lovely answers. I feel like I know a little more about you now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much