Thursday 12 July 2012

Night at Down Hall Country House Hotel

Night at Down Hall Country House Hotel is something I was lucky enough to enjoy this week. It was coming up to my wedding anniversary and birthday and I wanted to do something special for my husband. In the past I have always found it hard to buy him a gift so the idea for a night away came up, and the hunt was on.
I wanted to go somewhere not too far from home, as it was only one night I didn't want to waste ages driving. I turned the the internet and spent hours trying to find somewhere that was close and also in my price range. Then I came across Down Hall Country House Hotel in Essex UK. It looked so beautiful and I was amazed when the price was within my range.
So the deed was done and booked and the day arrived this past Monday. I felt very grand when we drove up as it was such a beautiful place.


The staff greeted us with a wonderful smile and in fact the whole time we were there they were so polite and friendly. People like us do not get to go to fancy hotels very often so when you get treated in such a wonderful way its special.
Our room was huge with a bathroom bigger than my small bedrooms lol. It looked out over the above gardens which was really nice.
That evening we had a wonderful three course meal and the food was so fab and totally ruined my diet but it was OK for one night.
After dinner we had a glass of wine in the lobby area, the lights were huge and everything was so smart.


This next day we had a fantastic breakfast and then set off for home. I can say it was worth every penny I spent and I will be saving up so we can go again. So if you live local to Down Hall Country House Hotel I would say visit, you will not regret it.

3 comments :

  1. Oh it looks beautiful! Would love to visit!

    http://13plumconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/07/25-ways-you-know-you-are-from-texas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was nice and such wonderful helpful staff made the visit so nice .

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! What a grand place to stay indeed! I love honeymoons and anniversaries as you get such great service. I would love to go there someday.

    Thanks for commenting on my feature on The Fruitful Home!

    ~ Ferly
    Gifts We Use {to grow, love and serve}

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much