Saturday 9 March 2013

Mothers Day

Mothers Day falls this Sunday in the UK. Its a day when most mums expect to be treated well and spoilt. I have two fab children who I love more than words can say so I am lucky.
For me however, Mothers Day can be bitter sweet.
My own Mother who I loved so much passed away on Mothers Day 21 years ago.
So while I am being happy with my own children, there is a little sadness in my heart. I can go day's now after all that time not thinking of her. That does not mean I do not still miss her and often think "I must tell mum" and then remember she is gone.

She was everything to me and I loved her with all my heart. She had a temper but never to me, in fact I do not remember my mum ever laying a hand on me. I used to talk to her everyday and when we went to visit we would sit in her kitchen for hours, just chatting.

She had Cancer for 8 years and fought like a tiger, but sadly in the end she died.

So I am making 200 cupcakes this week for a Cancer charity , and I just spent 2hrs sitting making little bunches of flowers to hand out at Church in the morning. All this in my mum's memory.
So I hope you get to spend time with your children if you have them and that it is a happy sunny day for you.



4 comments :

  1. Lovely Jill. I'm sure you're mum is looking down and very proud of you and the love you spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina I hope she proud and I hope I've been a good mum myself. Have a lovely day xx

      Delete
  2. That would indeed be sad to have one's mother pass on Mother's Day. Mine died on New Year's Day, so that's a day which always very reflective and quiet for me now. I don't know that we ever get over grieving for our moms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's not important what day we lose them. They still leave a huge whole. I'm going to remember her with a smile

      Delete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much