Sunday 15 September 2013

Dear Friends

At the age of 55 I have had many friends in my life. As a child I was fairly lonely and bullied at school and was always that square peg in a round hole. I had weight issues which meant I was bullied, this in turn effected my confidence.
I have had many penfriends and e mail friends over the years and I really believe you can be good pals without even meeting. My penpals started when I was 10 and the first was Carla in Canada. I so remember the excitement of the letter landing on the mat. I still chat to her all these years on, but via face book these days.

Later on there was Janie, Darian and April and one special UK friend Jane. All of these ladies hold a special place in my heart.

When my daughter was five she had a party. We already had the amount I wanted when she asked if she could bring someone else. I gave in to keep her happy once I knew she just lived across the street. Then when the new school week started she asked to walk to school with her.

The little girl was called Lindsey and she was the same age as my daughter. I met her mum that day as well, her name was Sue. It was to be the start of a long , long relationship . As our children grew we still stayed friends and that's been for over 20years now.

I think you are lucky if you have at least one friend like this in your life time and when you do you hang on to them.
So to Sue, Laurence, Lesley, Lindsey, Liz and Amy thank you for all the years and many more to come.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much