Friday 22 November 2013

Kelly's Cornish Ice Cream Review



Lucky me but this week I got to try out some yummy ice from Kelly's. I used to live in Devon but very near to Cornwall and I for one know the ice cream is delicious. I also got some lovely idea on how you could use your ice cream even in the chill of winter, which sound really nice. I think you can always find time for ice cream , winter or summer. I thought I would share them with you and would love to know if you tried them out.

KELLY’S ICE CREAM AUTUMN/WINTER SERVING IDEAS:

Don’t let the cold autumn air put you off your ice cream. Here are some ideas to take the chill out of your ice cream and create delicious desserts perfect for colder days.

1) Hot sauces for ice cream: The simplest hot sauce to make is a melted chocolate sauce. Melt dark chocolate and combine with cream to a make classic chocolate sauce. Allow to cool and pour on the ice cream of your choice – Kelly’s Clotted Cream and Raspberry ice cream with hot dark chocolate sauce is particularly delectable. For a sweeter sauce, melt chocolate bars such as Mars Bars or Fudge Bars instead of dark chocolate. Pour over Kelly’s Clotted Cream ice cream.

2) Hot chocolate with a scoop of Kelly’s Clotted Cream ice cream on top. Or, for grown-ups, a scoop of ice cream covered in a shot of espresso, to recreate the classic Italian dessert Affogato.

3) We have a selection of delicious recipes for hot desserts which go beautifully with ice cream, including toffee apples, rhubarb crumble, treacle tart & bread and butter pudding.

4) Classic baked Alaska: Defying all logic, this 70s favourite is due for a revival. A sponge cake covered in ice cream, which in turn is covered in meringue. And served with a hot sauce. Try vanilla sponge cake covered in Kelly’s Clotted Cream and Golden Syrup ice cream, or a chocolate sponge covered in Kelly’s Clotted Cream and Raspberry ice cream.

I want to try all the above ideas in the next few weeks and when I do I will post and show you. We picked the clotted cream as its my husbands favourite  type of cream. He said it was so creamy and smooth and a joy to eat. I could only have a small portion as I am dieting grrrr but It was so creamy and lovely.
So don't leave ice cream just for summer have it all year round!  In fact guess what we are having after our Christmas dinner this year lol.

Please note I was not paid for this review only receiving a sample of the product

1 comment :

  1. Oh this sounds great! I would love to give it a try! Many thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much