Jordans Billionaire's Flapjack
300g (10oz) Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Fruit and Nut
175g (6oz butter cut into pieces
125g (5oz) golden syrup
75g (3oz) muscovado sugar
Salted caramel topping
397g can condensed milk
150g(6oz) butter cut into pieces
4 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Fruit and Nut
1. Preheat the oven to 180c fan. 160c oven, Gas mark 4. Line the base of a 20cm (8 inch) square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the butter , syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over a low heat, taking care that the mixture doesn't get too hot. Remove from the heat and stir in the Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Fruit and Nut
3. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
4. For the topping, heat the condensed milk, butter and syrup in a heavy-based saucepan until melted, then boil steadily over a low heat for 5-6 mins until rich golden brown, stir constantly to prevent the mix from catching. Stir in the salt and pour onto cooled flapjack. Sprinkle the Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Fruit and Nut on the top and leave to cool.
5. cut into squares and store in an airtight tin for up to a week.
So I have never made this sort of thing before and I have to be totally honest and say my first attempt was a totally mess lol. I made the mistake of using a loose bottom tin and not lining it , so all the liquid from the butter and syrup came out and made my oven fill up with smoke . It set the smoke alarm off , the cats were heading for the hills and I was coughing fit the choke.
|Gone wrong attempt!|
My flapjack was so hard I could not get it out of the tin lol. I had to soak it just to remove it.
So first attempt was in the bin! Second attempt went much better I am pleased to say.
I used a tray tin , rather than the loose bottom and lined it well. No leaks, or fire alarms or scared cats this time.
I put a little more than was said on top as it was so yummy.
All in all it was easy to follow once I sorted the tin issues. It really is a yummy cereal with a ton of lovely fruit and nuts. I had a wee taste and this was so yummy I can't tell you. I am on a diet so I am making sure I have one small piece hiding in the fridge , for after weigh in on Wednesday lol.
Please note I was not paid for this post, just receiving a sample of the product.