Wednesday 20 August 2014

Wu Tao Dance Review


I have my health issues and it can be a bit of a uphill fight everyday. I choose to try and make more of my life and keep a positive outlook but some days that is very hard. I am always  on the look out for anything that may help so when I got offered the chance to try out a system of healing I was keen to have a go.
I have to be honest in saying its not something I have heard of and it is called Wu Tao Dance. I think it is easier to let the founder explain more .

Leading the World through Dance

In 2000 Michelle Locke, an Australian ballerina and natural health therapist asked herself an interesting question. How do I turn the healing benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine into a dance? In 2001 Michelle received her answer and started her first classes in Wu Tao – the Dancing Way©, a complete system of healing combining dance, music and meditation. Sometimes referred to as ‘yoga dance therapy’ or ‘shiatsu dance therapy’, it combines multiple disciplines into a single powerful modality. Michelle was a ballet dancer with the West Australian Ballet Company but after suffering a severe back injury she was forced into early retirement. Devastated by the loss of her career, she embarked on a journey of self-discovery and healing. Within her exploration of natural therapies to cure her back pain, Michelle discovered Shiatsu, a Japanese form of massage. Impressed with the results she furthered her studies in Shiatsu along with other therapies including massage, breath work and Chinese medicine. In 1993 she founded the first Shiatsu School in Western Australia.
Her Wu Tao journey began soon after the birth of her second daughter Isabelle, who became seriously ill and was later diagnosed with Rett Syndrome – a neurological genetic disorder. Michelle felt overwhelmed by the challenges she was facing. Unable to take care of her daughter and her business, she reluctantly passed her Shiatsu school over to one of her students.

Stressed and worried about her child, Michelle became her own guinea pig as the dance process that is now Wu Tao began to form in her mind. Combining her passion for shiatsu and dance, Michelle developed the Wu Tao dances in a tiny studio in Fremantle. Within 6 months she was teaching 7 classes a week and within 2 years Wu Tao had spread across Australia as Michelle travelled the country training instructors to teach in her Wu Tao method.

In 2006 the power and effectiveness of Wu Tao went to another level when Michelle commissioned Steve Richter to compose original music for the dances.

“There is no way in the world I could have orchestrated the perfect synchronization of my meeting with Steve.” Says Michelle “It was definitely guided by a divine hand! Steve’s music has brought depth, heart and feeling into everyone’s experience of Wu Tao. Each track holds the vibration of the element and the dance. It’s unbelievable how he was able to do that without knowing anything about Wu Tao! Steve didn’t read the book, watch the video or come to a class. He created the music guided from within. By the time he had presented the third track of music to me he was looking pretty attractive! By the end of the creative process I was in love with him. The love story continues on!”

It is a partnership made in heaven. Through their understanding of what an intimate spiritual relationship entails, Michelle and Steve have developed Wu Tao for Couples to support couples into deeper soul purpose, intimacy and connection through dance. They continue to work, love and play together creating beautiful Wu Tao dance and music offerings.

Wu Tao programs are offered throughout Australia and internationally in New Zealand, Japan, United States, Brazil, Germany and the United Kingdom.

Michelle’s beloved daughter passed away from complications of Rett Syndrome in July 2011. Though no longer in her body, Belle is in constant contact and continues to inspire Michelle’s healing work in the world.

I think Michelle sound like she has had a tough journey at times and I have to say this sounds really great to use. So I am going to be having a go and I hope to share with you how I get on over the next few weeks/months and so on.
If you would like to try Wu Tao or read more then go to their web site 

Please note I was not paid for this review only receiving a sample of the product

1 comment :

  1. It sound wonderful, I will try it.
    Thank you for the interesting post.
    Greetings from Germany :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much