Saturday 18 February 2012

What's Your myers-Briggs Personality?

What's your Meyers-Briggs Personality? If like me you had never heard of this then read on. I found our information regarding this test from a friend, and thought it would be fun to look at it in more detail.

The test was developed in 1943 and over the years since it has been used to provide an insight to our personalities. The test should be carried out by a trained professional but there are many you can get from the internet just for fun.

I must say I had never given it much thought regarding my personality. After all at the age of nearly 54, I am me and little chance to change even if I wanted to. You get a list of questions or words with descriptions. You then have to decided which one you tend to fit into more than the other.

At the end you add up your letters and see which one you fit into , its as simple as that. The test does stress the fact that its neither wrong nor right but just an indication.

So off I went and answered my questions and added up my letters, and boy was I surprised at the result.
I came out as a ESFJ and it also added there were 16 possible preference combinations.
So mine was:-

Warm Hearted, talkative,popular, conscientious, born co operator,active committee member. Need harmony and may be good at creating it. Always doing something nice for someone. Works best with encouragement and praise. Main interest in things that directly and visibly affect peoples lives.

Wow it had me to a T in all ways (although not sure about the popular) and I was totally shocked by that.
I think that it was fun to do, but I would not want to change now, after all I am me !
It was easy to find on the internet so you should give it a go. Come back and tell me what type are you I would love to know.

2 comments :

  1. Found you on Sunday blog hop. Come by and see our personalities! We could not be more different, but we are great friends.

    http://twomomsandapushcart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much