Wednesday 2 May 2012

Thursday Baking



Thursday baking is something I thought I would try and also share with you all. I was brought up by a mother who was excellent at baking. I remember with happiness those hours helping her to bake cakes. The best part for me was getting to lick the bowl out after. Over the years I have always struggled with my weight and with a sweet tooth, I have stayed after from fear of eating too much.

Recently I got hooked and I deal with the eating by making and giving my baked goods away! So I thought I would share some lovely recipe's with you . If you make any I love to see a picture and a comment as to if you enjoy it or not. So go and try and have fun.

Lemon and orange drizzle cake

makes 12
prep time 20 mins
cooking 12-15 mins

250g(8oz) self-raising flour
200g(7oz) caster sugar
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon and orange
3 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
100g(3 1/2 oz) butter, melted.

Put the flour in a mixing bowl then add half the sugar and half the lemon and orange rind.
Lightly beat the eggs and mild then add to the bowl with the melted butter. Beat together until just smooth.

spoon the mix into the sections of a greased 12 hole muffin tin. Bake in a preheated oven until well risen and the tops are firm to the touch.

Make the lemon and orange syrup. Put the remaining sugar and grated citrus rind in a bowl. Strain in the fruit juices and mix together until the sugar has just dissolved.

As soon as the  cakes come out of the oven, loosen the edges and turn onto a cooling rack.
Put in a shallow dish and go over the surface with a fork then drizzle over the syrup.
You can make either lemon or orange.



recipe from Hamlyns
cakes and bakes

No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much