Monday 19 August 2013

Marshmallow Fondant

So I have a couple of cakes to make before my hand operation next week. I baked the cakes and when I went to look for the fondant, I was all out !!!
The stores were shut so I thought what the heck was I going to do. Then I remembered the huge bag of marshmallows I had sitting in my kitchen.
So I set out to make my first ever marshmallow fondant. This is the recipe I used

Marshmallow Fondant

4 cup's mini marshmallows
4 cup's of icing sugar/ powdered sugar
2 tablespoons water.

Melt the marshmallows in microwave very gently. 
I added the water in this process as well.
When they have melted add all the sugar and stir well.
When it gets to the point you cant stir anymore, tip out onto a sugared surface.
Dust your hands with sugar and knead the fondant until smooth and not sticky.
Then wrap and leave for an hr or so, or overnight to firm up a little.


It was easy to make but a bit messy and sticky. It tasted very yummy and I think I will be making it again.
I will let you know how it is to work with on the cake when I finish it. Hope you give it a try.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much