As I am in school learning cake design, part of our course was to make a sugar flower and display it and we had to make sure we stuck to the rules. I had learnt lots of different types of flowers but mainly roses and daisy's.
I thought I would be brave and try to make a flower that we had not covered in school. So I picked a orchid It was hard as I had not learnt this during the class. I found it difficult at times as there were lots of bits which had to dry over night. So it took days to make one flower.
I was pleased with the end result and I know I will be carrying on
This is the start point which was the item I picked to display my flowers on . As I was thinking of Orchids I thought it fitted with the theme. By the time I finished I was pleased with the look, although there is always lots of room for improvement. I think they look nice and I will keep on practising.