So my dream ice was www.kellysofcornwall.co.uk and boy is it yummy. It comes in lots of flavours but one of my favourites is clotted cream as it reminds me of my time living in Devon and Cornwall.
Last Sunday the whole family got together and we had a lovely lunch and we made one of the recipes that Kellys have on their web site .
This warm, comforting dessert is great for an Autumn evening treat
3 large Bramley apples
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
50g caster sugar
175g butter, softened
175g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
175g self raising flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 11/2 litre oven proof dish.
2. Peel, core and chunkily chop the Bramleys. Place them in to the dish with the lemon zest and juice, caster sugar and raisins. Turn everything to coat in the lemon juice and set aside whilst you make the topping.
3. Cream the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until pale then beat the eggs in one at a time, adding the vanilla too.
4. Fold in the flour and mix well to combine everything in to a lovely cake batter which should have a soft dropping consistency. Spoon over the apples and spread to the sides to cover all of the fruit.
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes until the sponge is springy and the apple mixture is bubbling up around the edges of the dish.
6. Sprinkle the top with caster sugar then let the pudding sit for a few minutes before serving with a lovely scoop of Kelly’s ice cream.
For a little extra, scatter the sponge top with flaked almonds before baking!
Think you can see we all enjoyed eating our Kelly's and the yummy pudding. So try out the recipe and Kelly's this weekend.
Please note I was not paid for this review only receiving a sample of the product