Monday 10 November 2014

Happy Anniversary Mum and Dad

Mum and Dad on their wedding day
My day is as always on a Monday, linking up with The Olivers Madhouse for magic moments.  This weekend was one that had a special date, a date that I expect I only remember about these days.
It was my dear parents wedding anniversary and I wanted to share a little about them as I felt it was fit and right to do so . Sadly they are both long gone but I remember them with much love and happiness. My parents had been friends for a long time. My mum went on to get engaged to someone else, an Canadian Airman in fact. Sadly he was killed in world war two and it took her some time to get over losing him.
She started going out in a big group and my dad was part of that group. After awhile he said "lets have a party" and when asked why he said that they may as well get married lol.
It started a very long marriage which was for the most happy . It gave me a fab childhood with a ton of memories of good times. Even though they passed away a long time ago, I still miss them but I can smile at all the wonderful fun times we had, and I am blessed to have had them as parents.
So I hope Grace Edith Fitzjohn and Thomas Fitzjohn had a great party over the weekend and I love them with all my heart.
Happy anniversary Mum and Dad



12 comments :

  1. What a lovely post, it's nice sometimes to sit back and remember. Your parents sound like such lovely caring people. Popping in from Magic Moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you yes i agree its nice to think of past times with a smile. They were lovely parents

      Delete
  2. Lovely tribute to them and such a nice story of them, they look very happy in that photo. Happy anniversary to them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did look happy tas its a great picture. I wish they were still with us but happy memories

      Delete
  3. A lovely picture and a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww lovely story! Thanks for sharing and happy anniversary to them =) #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I hope they are up in heaven having a party lol

      Delete
  5. Aww Jill, thats so lovely! I never realised Nanny & Grandads anniversary was so close to mine! And I love how Grandad proposed! What a cheeky charmer! Lovely photo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great happy picture isn't it lol xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww Jill what a truly beautiful memory to remember and hold dear! thank you for sharing it with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much