Sunday 27 September 2015

Love Your Mouth Campaign


I had just arrived back from the dentist the other day, to get an e mail about the Love your Mouth campaign. It seemed like excellent timing to me and I thought I would share the information with you.

Why Love Your Mouth?

A new survey commissioned by GSK, as part of its Love Your Mouth campaign (LoveYourMouth.co.uk) has revealed that thousands of people could be putting their oral health at risk by not brushing their teeth in the evening because they are too tired.
The survey found that 45% of people questioned say they have gone to bed without brushing their teeth, which could increase their chances of cavities, gum disease and even tooth loss.
The survey also found that even though 91% of survey respondents say they are aware that poor oral care can lead to a decline in the health of teeth and gums, almost 1 in 5 people surveyed brush their teeth with just water and without using toothpaste!
Based on these new findings, it’s unsurprising that 67%1 of respondents said they have experienced tooth decay or cavities and 29%1 of those people confessed they have six or more fillings.

I have great teeth and very few fillings which for someone of my age that is really good. However, I do have gum issues which I am constantly worried about. I am lucky and have an excellent dentist who nags me about keeping on top of the issue. I started by going to the web site and taking the challenge.


Its really quick and easy and it will tell you what products you should try to help with your gum and teeth health.
Mine was two products Corsodyl Daily mouth wash and Corsodyl toothpaste.


I have to be honest in that I normally hate mouthwash and try not to use it. However, for this blog I have and was surprised that I really did not mind it at all. Not too strong so pleasant to use, a nice fresh taste and better still no after taste which is good. My mouth did feel fresh and clean and no build up on my teeth which is nice as well. I will keep using it and we shall see if I have any improvements once it is all gone. 

The second was a toothpaste, which helps with bleeding gums. It is a very strange colour but a tiny bit goes a long way. It took a little to get used to it as it does have Sodium bicarbonate in it but its fine once you get used to the taste. Used with the mouthwash I am hoping it will have with keeping my teeth and gums healthy. I should add it can only be used by adults or children over 12 years of age.
Once again I will have to do another post later to tell you if it has helped. I think being aware and being pro active is the best part. So why not join me and visit the site and find out what you need. Plus there is lots of information as well on these products and more.

Please note I was not paid for this review and all views are my own. I only received a sample of the product to try.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much