Sunday 4 October 2015

National Taco Day

Normally on Sunday like most people in the UK we would have a roast dinner. We love our roast potatoes and meat with all the trimmings but at times its nice to have a change.
This Sunday is happened to be National Taco Day and I was asked to try out either a vegetarian or meat taco . We choose the meat version as my hubbie is not like me in prefer vegetarian. This is the meat version
You can't beat this classic spicy taco dish in crispy shell from Santa Maria . Fill it with mincemeat and add your favourite toppings. It's great finger food!


Beef Taco

400g minced beef
1 tbsp oil
1 Sachet of Santa Maria Taco Seasoning
100ml of water

To serve

Santa Maria Taco Shells
green salad
Santa Maria salsa and Santa Maria soured cream


Fry the mince and add the Taco Seasoning Mix and water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins.
Heat the Taco Shells in the oven for 2-3 mins.
Fill the warm Taco Shells with the mince, salad, cheese and Salsa, and a dollop of Guacamole Style Topping and Soured Cream Topping.

This is how ours came out


My husband made a lovely salad to go with it and I have to say it was yummy in fact the best meal this week. Its such an easy and simple thing to make . You can find lots more information plus the recipe for the veg version on the web site at


Please pop over and try and let me know what you thought about it!

Please note I was not paid for this review only receiving a sample of the product

No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much