Monday 24 October 2011

Motivational monday

Motivational monday today is a little different. Today its more about  a subject that motivated me to write.
The subject is family pets and how they fit in with our lives.
If you are an animal lover then a family pet is more than that, they are part of your famly.

Just this last few days my daughter in law Karen's parents lost their dear little dog Pip.
I found that I also felt really sad for them as I worry about losing my own cats as they are getting older now.
I have had dogs as a child and I clearly remember how upset as was if we lost one. When my cat died a few years ago I was totally depressed and would see her walking around for weeks after.

I am a real animal lover and maybe its wrong but I treat them as part of the family not an animal. Both my cats sleep with me and both rarely leave my side. My mum would even make our dogs a birthday cake, from dog food which I thought was great . Bless she even put candles on and we would sing happy birthday.

People who don't have animals most likely don't understand how us animal lovers are so devoted to our pets. If you do have a pet you love you will understand how I feel.

I hate to think of any animal not being loved and looked after I think anyone found to have been cruel should be given a tough sentence. They need us to stand up for them.

So Lynne , George and Karen I am so sorry for your loss and I am sure all the animal lovers out there will agree with me, that pip will be missed for a very long time.
I think it was great to change my motivational monday subject, to what made me write today. Why did you write today?

5 comments :

  1. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I have lost 2 this year and it has been really hard on me. I miss them terribly. I enjoyed you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi cindy so sorry for your loss I dread to think how I will be when my 2 go.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Here's a virtual hug! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I am happy to return the favor and follow through GFC and Twitter. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks jessica nice to meet you also

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Sorry to hear about the loss of their beloved family pet. We have two jr's and have had them for 11 years. Before that we had a lab mix that died at 14. They are family members.

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much