Monday 12 March 2012

Diet and Life

Diet and  is a subject I think we all think about more than a few times in our life. I have had a weight problem for most of my life in fact about 50 years. OMG how many days, weeks and months have I worried about my size. I should have lived a little and not thought about it that much.

I have been slim but even then I was not happy. I think my body image idea was not what I was seeing at all. When I got married I see now I was tiny but even on that day I felt fat.



I put on weight with both my children but after my youngest I found it much harder to shift the weight.
It was not until the early 90's that once again I did loss lots of weight and I was delighted. It was short lived as I damaged my back and all my fitness stopped and all the weight piled on again.

Now as I come up to my 54 birthday I am saying " stop". Yes I will eat healthy and yes I will try so hard to increase my mobility but I have to stop kicking myself when I slip up. 
I will carry on listening to my great Thinking slimmer slimpod which helps me to relax and not focus so much on the scales. Its hard to let go of 50 years of a habit but I am trying ! I am not perfect by any means. I make mistakes like lots of people and some I wish I had avoided but its done and gone so I must move on.

We all should remember life is so short! One second you have years in front and then it starts slipping away.
So wish me luck with my new life of positive thinking. Be kind to yourself and live your life today now, do the things you want and do not let anything hold you back.




6 comments :

  1. Thanks for stopping by Keeping Up With The Rheinlander's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following back! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    Just dropped by to say good luck on the A to Z Challenge. You are number 358 on my blog hopping through the Eights journey. You can check out my post about it @ JennsScribbles

    Great new outlook on life! I wish you luck on that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand. I began a similar philosophy this past summer. I try not to think about weight or food because I will just spiral out of control with it! I am getting better but it isn't easy. Good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much