Monday 20 May 2013

Diet Fail





Diet fail yet again! In fact total diet fail for weeks. I can't tell you how much I hate being overweight and its not just for the way I look. With all my health problems it also affects the way I live my life, and the quality of that life. These days I don't go out much as its such an effort to do so. I feel very lacking in confidence and every item of clothing to me looks bad.
My daughter has recently lost nearly 10 stone ( 14 pounds to a stone) and is looking so great. I am so pleased for her but I also feel sad for myself as I want that as well.


I have had help in the past from a couple of people and the best being The Jane Plan which I was lucky enough to try out for a little while. I did lose weight but I found it hard to keep it up as like most people these days money is tight. I thought I would be able to keep it going alone but sadly its not to be.
I once had someone tell me " if you watched what you put in your mouth, you would lose weight"! I wish it was as simple as that. I do always try to watch what I eat but I have such a lack of mobility I just do not burn it off.
I would like to do so much but the weight so holds me back physically and mentally. I am 55 this year and I want to still do a lot of living but I don't know if I ever will.
I must have spent a fortune on diet products over the years and I wish I could just say "to heck with it all" but I can't.
So I will put on my "jollyjilly" smile and hide the tears below the surface. I hope if like me you are trying to lost weight you have a good week. So for me I am going to go one day at a time.


15 comments :

  1. Hey Jill, have you tried the Paul Mckenna plan? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill, have you tried the Paul Mckenna plan? xxx And you get a hypnotherapy CD with it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine I do have it maybe I will try again. Did try another system but it didn't work :-( xx

      Delete
  3. Ohh Jill, how i can relate to your situation. It was a very sad but honest account of how you are feeling, and upseting to read. There is no "quick fix" to lossing weight, as you know already, its a long slow progress. (As i always say,"it didnt go on over night and wont come off over night"). Dont be too hard on yourself Jill. In the photo's i have seen of you, you look great (and i DO mean that) You have a heart of gold and a personality that shines through like a welcoming ray of sunshine! A few years ago, i lost 9 stone, had a tummy tuck to get rid of all the unsightly skin, went on lots of holidays because i wanted to do things i had never dare do before (simple things like going swimming, dancing ets) I found that lossing my wieght gave me a little more confidence but if i am being realy honest? I still "felt fat" if that makes any sence? What i learned was that the proccess of losing weight starts within yourself, the belief that you are already unique and acseptable individual has to come firs. Jill my friend, You have been blessed with a wonderful gift, the gift of life! So let nothing hold you back from living it to the best of your ability, If you lose weight ...........brilliant! If you dont? So what!! You will always be a wonderful person whome people love to bits! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah what lovely things to say it made me smile. Really I will be fine I will still be jollyjilly even if there is a little sadness behind the smile. I have a lovely family and there are people out there that are far worse them myself. I was once only 7st 13 pounds and I still felt fat lol. I guess we are never happy. Thank you so much xxxxx

      Delete
  4. My best friend is obese and I see her struggles with trying to lose weight and trying to stick with an exercise program. I know that for some people it's not just about how much you eat. I felt sad reading this and I agree with the person before me that said try not to be so hard on yourself. I'm a recovered alcoholic and the phrase One Day at a Time can really help. Sometimes I had to just take it one moment at a time. I wish you luck and success in your weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so thank you for your kind words Dawn and for sharing your struggles with me. I have decided to stop worrying and to really try to help myself what ever way I can. Even if I lose a pound a month its a start

      Delete
  5. I just tried to post to you again jill but it vanished xxx it did this earlier and I put an anonymous post up and then it appeared xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely replies from the people above Jill, I felt sad reading your post too because you are so lovely and always look gorgeous. I belong to a gym near me with a really private pool that is often empty. Perhaps we could go together as this may help with your mobility problems. They also have flabalos machines which are really good and they are reasonably priced there. I will support you any way I can as I battle with my weight too having a thyroid problem xxxx big hugs jill xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah bless you Lorraine you are so kind. I will be fine really and i have to start pushing myself as much as I can to help myself. I have to not waste anytime now as time slips away. Hugs back xxx

      Delete
  7. Don't give up and don't beat yourself up. The preservatives in today's products makes it very difficult. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you antionette I will do my best promise !

      Delete
  8. Found you thru Monday Mingle :) I loathe dieting...especially when it fails! I have a 30 day series where I avoided certain foods for the month and managed to lose weight without exercise. This month I'm focusing on fitness. I figured it's about a month for a habit to form so I'm trying to create healthy habits! My my 30 days of wtf weight loss thru fitness
    Don't give up! Nice to meet you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you have done so well I will really try as I've had so many lovely comments

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for linking up with us this past week for the Monday Mingle at Tough Cookie Mommy. I would love to connect on Facebook too http://facebook.com/toughcookiemommy

    ReplyDelete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much