Wednesday 19 June 2013

Malware Mess

Ok so I thought to myself last night , its about time I did a blog post. I had an idea of what I was going to chat about so went to load my blog and get started.  Instead of loading my blog I got a nice little picture and a message telling me my blog my have malware. Now I am not expert at this computer stuff! Yes I can e  mail, tweet use face book and so on. However when you get into areas like this I am lost,

It was too late to ring my wonderful computer genius son and say "HELP" so I had to shut things down until this morning.
I was worried that I had a virus on the computer and like most people you worry about how safe things are. Plus I have put nearly three years work in on this blog and it would be a shame to stop now.

So first thing this morning I rang my son and he got me links to sites that would check out my computer. So I sat while it did just that, and sat and sat and sat. 7 hours later it finally finished and guess what not threat at all??? I was so frustrated as I was at a loss as to what had happened.

I asked friends on facebook and a few things were put forward which I tried but no luck at all. I really got worried when a friend (Jacky xx) tried to get on the blog and got the same message. I was starting to panic as I had fears I would have to close the blog and start from the beginning. I really don't thing I would have done that as it would take so much work to build it all up again.

I tried loading the blog not using goggle and it worked but not through goggle. I found all the prompts and so called help pages next to useless.
Then my son said why not try taking off any advertisement's or links and see if that works. So I did and then asked my friend to check again, and yay it worked again.
I am still not clear why it happened but I am very pleased it did. The good thing is it has made me check my security and I know its often what we forget to do.

I hope no one else has had this issue but if you have I would love to hear from you


No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much