Thursday 2 January 2014

Almost there ...

Almost there is how I am feeling right now . I have set myself on a weight loss path and even if its not almost there , I'm on the right road.
I used find it so easy to lose weight and keep fit. I could lose 14 pounds in a month, anything else and I'd be upset.  Keeping fit was easy as well, and for the first time in my life I enjoyed it.
Then I got a back injury and life got hard. I gained a lot of weight and this in turn made my problems worse.
As time went on I found I stayed home as my confidence hit rock bottom. I want to do stuff and have fun but I'm so un confident it's hard. I always feel so uncomfortable at social events as I feel like the only huge person in the room.
I often wonder if people describe me as "your know the fat lady" or not.
So I started to change my life about 4 weeks before Christmas , and joined a slimming class called slimming world.
I also said I wanted to lose weight over Christmas and guess what I did lol.
I want 2014 to be my year and this IS the year I get rid of this flab!
So I'm not quite almost there but I am going to be.

So on Jan 2nd 2014 I have lost 9 pounds. I get weighed on Wednesdays so come back and cheer me on my journey.





6 comments :

  1. Wow, Jill, thats brilliant. Losing 9lb over the Christmas period is amazing. Well done. Happy New Year to you, onwards and upwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks joy I'm really trying hard. Happy new year

      Delete
  2. Well Done Jill! Keep Going, this is our year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job, especially during Christmas. Shows a lot of focus and dedication.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa I was pleased as the Christmas goodies all around lol

      Delete

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much