Friday 3 January 2014

Just Don't Do It

Just Don't Do It . How times as a child did I hear that lol. My parents were great and even though I was born in the late 1950's, I was never smacked.
My mum only had to look at me or say the Just Don't Do It and I'd freeze.  She had the skill to control with just a look that would stop you dead in your tracks.
My dad was the same and I never got shouted at or anything really. I was brought up to have good manners and to be polite at all times. I was also encourage to respect my elders , that someone older had much to give if I took time to listen.

As I grew I always remembered that and when my children arrived I hope I gave those values to them. I like to think I had that Just Don't Do It look lol but I guess you would have to ask them. I know I always encouraged them to be polite and always say please and thank you. Always to say "thank you for having me" when they left a friends house as well.

It means a whole something to me now I'm trying to lose weight! Every time something is around, full of calories looking yummy and calling my name. Then I have to say
"Just Don't Do It" every time.
Love to hear your "just Dong Do It" stories. X




No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much