Thursday 28 May 2015

Its nearly BritmumsLive !!

Well is it possible its nearly time for BritmumsLive 2015. I have watched over a couple of years as others have attended and wondered what it would be like to go. I never really considered it as I thought I was playing above my weight and felt lacking in confidence. Last year I saw my cyber friends talking about going and later about how much fun they had , and thought "come on you can do this"! I made up my mind that I was going to go this year and also I was going to be brave and try to find a nice brand to represent while I was there. It so happens I had come across a company which for my own personal use I thought was great. So I was brave and contacted them and offered my services. You can imagine how happy I was when they said yes, so I not only was going to BritmumsLive I was sponsored !


My brand I am working with is  lifestorybank and I am excited as they are a great company. So let Joanna Helin the managing director tell you a little more.

Lifestorybank helps people build an online, emotional resource exclusively for loved ones from a series of video recorded interviews. Our animated online interviewer asks questions, coaxing all sorts of information that you would not necessarily think to leave. The answers are video recorded, organised into chapters, password protected and stored n the cloud in perpetuity. The idea is to build up a comprehensive library of easy-to-do and easy-to-view video clips, whenever you have time, wherever you are and whatever amount of time you have available.

We launched in January2014. I came up with the idea after my mother passed away and it hit me how much information was lost. Not just the stories, advice and experiences but also the voice, mannerisms, expressions and the sound of my mother's laugh. I looked for a way of preserving all this information for my children but couldn't find anything appropriate in the market. So I decided to create it myself!

I wanted something that the kids of today and tomorrow would connect with and they connect with video more than books or photos. According to Forrester research, 1 minute of video is worth 1.8 million words - so using video is pretty economical too!

According to a fairly recent study by Southampton University, people who remember experiences from their past and talk about them 'maintain feelings of self worth and a brighter outlook'!
As well as helping people create an emotional legacy, we get to help them feel happier. How fab is that?

I came across them by accident and thought it was such a fab idea. My parents have both passed away and I am aware that I am the keeper of the family stories. I felt it was so important to record these for my children and grandchildren, so they are not lost forever.
 I want to thank them for giving me the chance to represent them . It all seemed such a long time to go but now we are only about 3 weeks away and I am ready !


No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much